|Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome
and SEND Consultant
Wednesday 6th July 2016 9:15-3:30
Premier Meetings Team Valley, Kingsway North Gateshead Tyne and Wear NE11 0BE
This training particularly focusses on the understanding that individuals with Pathological Demand Avoidance may communicate/present differently to neurotypical learners but can still achieve their potential with the implementation of appropriate interventions. Essentially, I want colleagues to see through the eyes of the learners as well as having the strategies.
The training will include:
Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) Training Course
Strategies for the effective inclusion of learners with PDA: a day course, designed to successfully include learners with PDA and related conditions.
This fun, informative and effective workshop provides each delegate with a deeper knowledge and understanding of the needs of individuals with PDA and provides the skills necessary to create appropriate interventions.
What to expect on the training…
- An overview of how the impairments affecting those with Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) may cause difficulties (What is PDA? The key features of PDA).
- Meeting the needs of those with PDA. Some interactive activities and simple and effective strategies designed to meet a range of needs based on the impairments.
- Strategies and interventions for adapting the sensory environment to meet the behavioural needs of individuals with PDA.
- Why individuals with PDA need Visual Interventions and how they can benefit from them.
- How to create a range of differentiated age and level appropriate Visual Interventions for individuals with PDA
- An investigation into the type of language and presentation
- suitable for the needs of individuals with PDA.
- Promoting positive behaviour through effective practice
This training is supported by case studies and workshop activities during which each delegate will learn to:
- Understand the needs of individuals with PDA and the associated impairments.
- Create differentiated, age and level appropriate interventions
- Adapt the sensory environment to meet the needs of individuals and groups of individuals.
- Create effective behavioural interventions and strategies
Only £165 ex vat
Places are extremely limited so please do get in touch now
so that you are not disappointed!
Please note: parking, refreshments, lunch and all handouts are provided.
Book here. When booking Pathological Demand Avoidance please check ASD box
My very best to you all
Andrew Whitehouse MSpEd CPSE (PGCert) BAHons QTS
Director and Senior Special Educational Needs Consultant
01427 667 556
0794 383 8819